Sunday 11 May 2014

My favourite lip products for Spring Summer 2014

So I have been wearing my make up very natural lately if I wear at all. Pregnancy hasn't been a blessing to my skin as my cheeks are alot more red and irritated due to the hormones. Anyway here are my favourite picks for a beautiful spring summer lip.

Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip balm
I do have the other version of this in the little tub which is thicker and all round better but this balm stick also holds a special place in my heart. It is perfect to keep in my handbag for on the go applications. It still feels very moisturising and nourishing on the lips.

Maybelline Colour Whisper - Pin Up Peach
This is by far my favourite lip product of the year and that I find myself reaching for the most. It isn't as intense and as think as a lipstick on the lips but still gives great colour payoff which is also a bit glossy. It leaves my lips feeling nice and there is no drying. The colour doesn't last for a long time when eating or drinking but I don't mind reapplying this beauty. Unfortunately this isn't out in the UK so I had to purchase mine from ebay but this colour is just the perfect shade of a pinky peach, definitely more on the pink side. I now want all colours on this haha.

NYX Butter Lip Balm - Brownie
Another import from the USA I'm afraid but I think the newer version of these are availab now in the UK, they are in different packaging. These are in between a lip balm and a lip stick feeling much lighter on the lips but with some colour pay off. I have 3 shades and Brownie is the perfect nude, my lips but better. It looks more dry in the tube than I thought but still feels nice and buttery on the lips. The colour payoff isn't as good as a Maybelline Colour Whisper as this feels thicker and drier. These are more like a well tinted lip balm. This is nice if I just want a small wash of colour and it smells good enough to eat.

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish - No. 16
This is the perfect Pink lipstick for summer that I love so much. I am a huge fan of these Kate lipsticks and this is by far my favourite shade. It isn't too scary bright pink but the colour is really pigmented. It smells gorgeous and is great value. The only problem is that it can cling to any dryness on my lips but so do my high end Mac lipsticks so I either need to make sure my lips are in good condition to wear this or to wear a wear a small layer of balm (but the colour payoff won't be as good).

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine - No. 15 Coral Intuitive 
This is just a classic beautiful lip stick that is perfect for any occasion. As it is from the shine range it isn't a thick lipstick, it is a lightweight lipstick with shine. It's probably quite similar to my Maybelline Colour Whisper for texture and application on the lips. This is a beautiful pinky peach shade more on the side of peach for this spring summer. It has good pigmentation but the shine or colour won't last for hours eating or drinking. But with packaging looking this good you will be happy to show it off for all to see for reapplication. It is very pricey but I see this as a investment.

Swatches from left to right: Nyx lip butter, maybelline colour whisper, rimmel Kate and ysl rouge volupte.

No comments: