Sunday 9 June 2013

Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara

I got this with my May Glossybox and I was interested in trying it out. I had seen some bad reviews around but I wanted to give it a test run before commenting. I have seen this for sale on ASOS in the past as that is where I first heard about the brand. This is the first mascara by Jelly Pong Pong and the first product of there's that I have tried.

Positives:
- It is waterproof.
- Good value for in a Glossybox as this retails at £14.
- it lengthens the lashes well.
- it feels lightweight on the eyes.
- it lasts all day.

Negatives:
- not the best packaging. The box does look like it should have perfume inside.
- the wand is crap.
- it clumps my eyelashes together after a few coats.
- the mascara breaks off.
- not much volume.

This is good as part of my Glossybox but I wouldn't buy it otherwise especially not for that price. It is a bit meh to be honest but I've definitely had worse this just doesn't live up to the other premium brands that I've tried.
I will continue to use it to see if I'm wrong but today it didn't impress me that much. It does define the lashes and lengthens them but the wand isnt that great, it made my lashes clump together and look a bit spidery. It doesn't give much volume at all so it leaves my lashes looking a bit flimsy and thin. I will stick to my Benefit They're Real.
Overall 3/5

What is your impression from my before and after picture?

3 comments:

Lyndsey OHalloran said...

I wasn't impressed with how this clumped and broke off at all, especially for the price!

http://roomsofreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

I got this in my May GlossyBox too. I really didn't like it. Kinda made my lashes 'rubbery' Like when I was taking it off it was like elastic strings of black coming off! Maybe it was only my one though. I haven't tried the benefit mascara but have only heard good things about it! I must purchase on pay day!

http://tigerlipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

Roisin xx

Unknown said...

Hi ladies yes you are both right it did clump bad and go all stretchy string like when trying to get it off. I couldn't tell if it was the mascara or my eyelashes breaking off eek. X