Monday 12 May 2014

Recent Beauty Purchases

So with my impending motherhood I have been trying not to spend money on myself as we still have a long list of baby things that we need. Anyway sometimes you just need a treat and some things are essential.

Here is what I have recently picked up:

Nuxe Reve De Miel Handcream
Woop I've finally got a full size of my favourite handcream ever! I had the travel size which is how I feel in love with this stuff as it smells gorgeous and leaves your hands feeling silky soft and not greasy. At £10 a pop it's not cheap but luckily we had a M&S voucher that I used for this.

Nivea Sensitive Day Cream
This is new out from Nivea and is currently cheap in Boots on a introductory offer at about £3. I've been after a new facial moisturiser as I have been using The Body Shop Vitamin E cream but it's not been working for me. With being pregnant my skin especially on my face is more red and irritated and easily gets itchy. Urgh thanks pregnancy hormones. So I wanted a cream that would work with my skin and to feel soothing on it. Thankfully this works like magic and it has SPF 15 so a great all rounder.

Soap and Glory Glow All Out
I've had my eye on this highlighter for a while as I have cream highlighters but no powder ones and who can resist a Boots 3 for 2 offer. This is a nice pink toned highlighter and a little goes a long way. You also get a good amount of product for the money.

L'Oréal Nude Magique Eau De Teint Foundation
So my favourite foundation Benefits Oxygen Wow has nearly ran out and I can't afford to repurchase it so I have looked around for a cheaper light weight foundation alternative. I am hoping that I've found it in this but I don't know yet I've only tried it once and it didn't look great (settled into dry patches) but I will try again with different application techniques and with and without a primer. I have read so many rave reviews for this stuff that I am not giving up on it yet. I have got the shade Porcelain which I hope will be a match.

L'Oréal Nude Magique Blur Cream
Again my beloved high end Benefit Porefessional is running out and I can't afford to repurchase it so I am hoping this could be something similar. I am really just looking for something so smooth out my visible pores and to cover my cheek redness. This did seem a tad greasy but I decided to try it over the Maybelline Baby Face Pore Eraser as I'd read terrible reviews on that product.

So these are my recent purchases that I am hoping will be worth the hype and not a waste of money but time will tell.

No comments: