Saturday 13 July 2013

Meh products that I won't be repurchasing

So these are the products that have not lived up to the hype and that I found disappointing. Here is what I won't be repurchasing and why:

1. Benefit Fake Up - So as you know I'm a huge Benefit fan and I purchased this on launch day but unfortunately I don't love it. It's not the worst concealer but for the price it just isn't worth it. I have the other Benefit concealers Boi-ing and Erase Paste and the Latest Benefit offering just isn't as good as the older classics. I don't like this as I find it too greasy and that the coverage isn't great.

2. Elf Shine Sheets - I picked these up as a alternative to the Kleenex shine absorbing ones but unfortunately they are no where near as good. I found that these did virtually nothing to my skin. With the Kleenex you can see them working but not with these. Even though they where only cheap it was a complete waste of money and I won't be buying them again.

3. Organic Surge Super Intensive Daily Moisturiser - with this I love the packaging and the fact that it's all organic and such but the smell! It's just too overpowering and awful that I would never buy this ever. I will happily try other products by Organic Surge providing they don't smell like this. I have used this product in fact it's nearly empty I just have to tolerate the stink.

4. Benefit Fine One One - Another Benefit product that hasn't lived up to the hype for me. This is more of a gimmick I guess. It isn't the worst cream blush in the world it does give nice results and to be fair this product got me obsessed with highlighters. I like to wear it on lazy days but I wouldn't repurchase it.

5. MUA Cream Blushers - These didn't live up to the hype either. They are exciting because they are cheap but I found them greasy and hard to blend. It would take me ages faffing about to not leave it looking patchy on my skin so for me these are another no.

Do you have any of these products? And are you in the same boat as me with then? Please leave me a comment :-)

Jodie x

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Thanks for this helpful post!


devonabeauty.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

Love how honest you've been! I really liked the MUA blushers but I have such dry skin, so they worked quite well xx

Unknown said...

I'm glad you like it. Jodie x

Unknown said...

Thanks. It's a shame I don't get on with the MUA blushers as the colours are so pretty. - Jodie x

Unknown said...

I've been interesting in trying the Benefit Fake Up concealer but after reading that I may not give it a shot after all!

-Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

Unknown said...

Hi Maddy for me me Boi-ing is just infinitely better xxx