Wednesday 5 August 2015

Mamas & Papas Armadillo Pram Review

Sophia has recently turned one and she is quite big for her age, I had recently noticed that she was completely filling her buggy. We had the Cosatto Supa Stroller and its very narrow, her shoulders were touching the sides and her head touched the top of the canopy when reclined. I was a bit gutted as I liked the Cosatto and I thought that it would last her until she was walking.

Queue panic searching of buggy reviews and many YouTube videos for tall kids. One pram kept coming up over and over again the Mamas & Papas Armadillo (the regular one not the city version as that's smaller). I immediately starring hunting for a deal as I knew that I wanted this one. The pram RRP is £250 but Argos had the coral on sale for £179.99 it has since gone back up. We got a great deal on it brand new from Direct2Mums ebay store for £163.

My favourite features are:
* Lots of room length and widthways whilst still being a small pram.
* One handed fold down. I can hold Sophia in one arm whilst I collapse the pram with the other.
* Huge canopy for blocking the sun.
* Easy to push especially with one hand.
* Has wheel suspension for a comfier ride.
* Good size basket.

My not so favourite things:
* You have to buy a footmuff and seatliner separate at a extra cost of £60 Rrp. These where included with my Cosatto so it was a large extra cost on top of the price of the pram.
* It doesn't come with a cup holder. My Cosatto did and I loved it but I'm not paying Rrp £25 for a cup holder as that's crazy. I will use my Pink Lining bottle bag instead.
* I don't like how the raincover doesn't cover the whole canopy it attaches where the canopy ends. It's so frustrating as living in a upstairs flat I have to find room to put my pram up to dry.

Overall I love this pram and now that I've bought the extras it is better than my Cosatto pram as Sophia is a lot more comfortable and has lots of room in it to grow. I love how we can buy different coloured hoods if I get bored or if we have a boy down the line. I also love how it can be used from birth and with adapters it will fit a car seat. I hope that this is the last pram that we need to buy and it might even see us through a baby no.2 who knows.

We bought the pram ourselves and all thoughts in this review are my own.

No comments: