Friday 13 September 2013

Glossybox UK September 2013 - The London Edition

Well this month's Glossybox was meant to be my last as I been left underwhelmed by my past few. I used my Glossydots to pay for this one but now it's arrived I'm not to sure if I can bring myself to hit the unsubscribe button just yet. I'm actually really happy with this month's box my favourites are the eyeliner and blusher.
First things first yes I am absolutely devastated that I didn't get the HD Brows blusher excuse me while I cry into my Glossybox tissue paper - but once I got over that fact I realised that I am happy with everything that I received.
Here is what I got in this month's box:
Rimmel Stay Blushed Blusher in 004 Sunkissed Cherry RRP £4.49 for 14ml
This colour is perfect for the upcoming winter months. I usually wouldn't buy such a dark blush but even on my pale skin this is not too much. The colour is gorgeous. It is very pigmented and a little goes a very long way. I squeeze abit of the product onto the back of my hand and then I use my Elf Stipple brush to apply to my cheeks. This way I don't get too much product on my face and look like a clown. I will definitely be scouring Boots for more shades of this.
Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Onyx Eyeliner RRP $14 for 3g
Yes I know the box is London themed so I don't have a clue where this brand fit into the equation but I'm not complaining because I love it! I have been eyeing the new L'Oréal felt tip liners for a couple of weeks as I've seen good blog reviews about them but after the disaster that was the Eyeko one that was free with a magazine a few months back it put me off felt tip liners. After trying this though I now want more, it's nice and jet black and goes on nice and smooth. I like how it is a thick pen it makes it so much easier to get my cat eye flick which I wear daily. I have never heard of this brand but in wouldn't mind trying more from them in the future.
Elizabeth Arden Untold £48 for 50ml, 5ml Sample received 
As far as perfume samples go this is a great size I'm very happy with it, not to mention that it smells just divine. I usually stay clear of this brand as I see it for the older lady for some reason but this is a gorgeous sweet smelling fragrance that I would be happy to own the full size.
Eylure Pre- glued Lashes RRP £5.06 I have never tried false lashes before but I'm happy to try these out. I've never tried them before as I'm scared I'll like the look so much that I will want to wear them daily and end up wrecking my own lashes in the process. I'm also not the most patient person and false lashes look like a lot of faffing about but I'll see.
Toni & Guy Classic Shine and Gloss Serium RRP £7.19 for 30ml
My Paul Mitchell shine spray from my May box is still going strong so I wasn't in the market for a new hair shine product just yet but I am happy to try this out. It smells gorgeous and you get a lot of product here so I'm sure that it will last me a long time.
Overall I think this month's Glossybox is a winner I don't really see the connection with London but who cares. I'm loving the Glossy makeover with a small magazine now included. I also like the new card layout containing the the product detail. you can subscribe to Glossybox here
What do you think of my box and what did you get in yours?
Jodie x

No comments: