Saturday 8 June 2013

Glossybox May 2013 - My First One

Hi so I am a bit late to the party on this one and I am so glad I joined! I joined the end of May and received both my May and June boxes on the same day. I blogged about my June box first as I thought that was the one people would be the most interested in as the contents had not yet been released online. Out of the May items that I've seen online I am happy with my box as this is the second part of their 2 year anniversary collection. Here is what I got:

Collection - Fast Stroke Eyeliner Black
I am so happy about this even though it is a lower value product as I am loving liquid eyeliners right now. I use my Benefit Magic Ink daily so I was keen to give this a test run today and I love it. My favourite thing about it is the solid pointed brush like a felt tip as it makes it easier to disperse the ink across my eyelid. Sometimes the brush in my Benefit one can feather and cause mistakes but I will definitely be using both in the future. Also as a bonus this is waterproof.
Full size 6ml worth £2.99.

Jelly Pong Pong - Fairy Lashes Mascara Black
I had seen a couple of bad reviews on this but I am impressed with it as it is good at lengthening my lashes and didn't clump. The key to this one is to not use too much causing it to clump also to help wipe any excess off the brush before using. It is waterproof which is great bonus so overall I am impressed with this and will continue to use it. I have seen it on sale on asos and have been keen to try the brand for a while.
Full size 18ml worth £15.

Headline Colors Poolside Party Nail Polish - Gunmetal
This is a dark grey black colour so not a colour I would wear everyday on my nails but I am looking forward to trying it out. This brand of polish is growing in popularity at the moment as the colours are a rich pigment that are meant to be bright and last well. They are also toxin free which is good.
Full size 10ml worth £9.

Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray
First of all this smells amazing as I would expect from any Paul Mitchell product. This spray is meant to condition and protect the hair at the same time as making it shine and smell fabulous this really is a wonder product and I have loving wearing it today. A good thing about it as it doesn't weigh the hair down and make it greasy. I love this one!
Full size 125ml worth £18.95.

Beautiful Movements Cosmetics - Prime & Create Mixing Medium
I have left this one to last as in don't really know what to say about it as in don't really know what it is haha. Apparently it is a clear aloe Vera based gel which can be turned into a foundation, blusher or eye shadow. Glossybox says that you can wear it alone for a matte primer on the face or it can be mixed with other cosmetics for endless uses. The one that sounds the most interesting is mixing with pigments to make a creme eyeshadow or eyeliner. It sounds cool but I'm still not sure what to do with it so I'll have a think and get back to you.
A full size 20g is worth £20, you get 2.5g.

I also got some free supercute Glossybox nail files which are perfect handbag size. The small Green & Black's chocolate I think was free with my June box and has ended up in here. Thank you for the treats Glossybox!

No comments: