Thursday 11 July 2013

My retro rockabilly look of the day - inspired by Dita Von Teese

So last Saturday I had a busy day as during the day my local town had a 1940s event day on which included live music, vintage clothes and a good old fashion cup of tea in a china cup. This was followed my sister in laws hen night in the evening so I wanted a look that would be suitable for both day and night.

Here is what a came up with: the first collage is the make up I wore, my dress, my inspiration - Dita Von Teese as always and my accessories for the day. The second collage is my finished look.

Hair & Make Up - This was a look which I love and don't variate much from its a classic vintage style. Shaped eyebrows, winged eyeliner, simple eyeshadow and a bright red lip. Not to forget the added glamour with a fake beauty spot.
With my hair I went for the victory rolls which was my first attempt at this and I must say it was more difficult than I thought it would be. The YouTube tutorials make it look so easy haha. Surprisingly my hair stayed up and didn't budge all day or night thanks to a lot of bobby pins and hairspray.

Dress - This is the fitted Dolores dress by Collectif which is my favourite at the moment I just love the shape and fit of this dress. It is available in a lot of different prints both fitted or flared. I couldn't resist this when I saw the leopard print.

Accessories - I wore a red flower in my hair at the back of one of my victory rolls this was to add to the retro rockabilly look which I favour. I used my vintage 1940s bag that I picked up at a fair a few weeks ago and a non retro plastic oversized bow ring that I just love. I can't resist leopard print or bows it seems.

I hope you like my retro look - Jodie x

3 comments:

Maria Flicka said...

Wowww.....you look so like her, and you are really beautiful! Amazing eyes! You have a great blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other on “Google+”, and bloglovin? I promise I’ll follow you back <3

x❤x❤

"Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




Maria Flicka said...

Thank you so much for following! I'm following you back now on ”Google+” and ”bloglovin (#12)”
Keep in touch sweetie! Hope you have a fabulous weekend<3

x❤x❤

"Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




Yasmine said...

Love it! You look gorgeous! x

Http://yourteendiaries.blogspot.co.uk