Wednesday 26 June 2013

Too Faced Summer Eyes

After admiring this for ages in couldn't resist buying it when I saw Beauty Bay had it on sale, they have free shipping and there was about £6 off the RRP so I had to buy it.
It arrived quickly with standard free shipping and I can't wait to try out the colours.
You get 3 looks inside a daytime, classic and then fashion. It came with a shadow insurance sample and a little booklet of how to achieve each look.
I will go more in depth when I've tried it out but I love the colours in it, the coral and mermaid ones are my favourite. I wanted to get this as all the colour palettes that I seem to have at the moment are very neutral,
so I wanted something to brighten me up and make me feel summery.
The packaging is really nice, it feels well made and the tin has a nice weight to it. No cheap tat here.
I have never ordered with Beauty Bay before but I definitely will again as I was offered the choice to pay an extra £1.50 which made my order leave the warehouse quicker and you also get a free sample.
I was lucky enough to get 2 free samples which are:
* Ouidad Botanical Boost - the moisture infusing & the refreshing spray for your hair 75ml. This is aimed at curly hair which I don't have but I will still give this a spritz on my straight locks when they are feeling a bit dry and frazzled to see if it livens them up.
*Dr. Brandt pores no more vacuum cleaner - blackhead extractor cream 7.5g.
Ive never heard of this but my skin is prone to blackheads so I will test it out.
Have you ever heard of these products and what did you think?
I was nearly as excited enough at getting my samples that I was the actual product that I'd ordered.
Swatches: from. Top to bottom they are - toasted coconut, chocolate sun, cocoa beach, mermaid, coral crush, plumeria, seashell, peach fuzz and sunbeam. The last 2 haven't really shown up with the flash but they are very sheer glittery yellows. These swatches are done without a primer underneath so you can get a idea of the pigmentation of the colours .
My only negative thoughts on this pallette are is it really necessary to have 3 different browns and two other colours very similar as well the peach fuzz and the sunbeam. They are more or less identical. I do like all 3 looks quite a lot so I am getting my use out of this pallette so it isn't a waste of money. 

Jodie x
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooo looking forward to your reviews on these especially the pores no more cream.

Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

Lx