Tuesday 9 July 2013

Eyeliner face off

So I have 7 different eyeliners which I switch around all the time but I've never thought of comparing them until now.

I love my Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof liner as it is just a classic in my books and I can't fault it at all.
But I have recently moved on to favouring liquid eyeliners as I find they give a darker more pure black colour and I prefer the look they give. I find liquid eyeliners are easier for doing a cat eye winged liner look which I tend to sport on a daily basis.
I was excited for the free liquid eyeliner  Eyeko pen with this month's Marie Claire magazine but unfortunately I have been left disappointed as it's rubbish. It is no where near as smooth as a normal liquid eyeliner and I find the nib drags on my lid leaving the application patchy.

I also love my black gel liners as I can get good precision with these with the right brush. I also find that these gel liners last along time. I also have a brown one which I don't use.

It is amazing seeing the colour differences between them all side by side saying as all apart from one are meant to be black.
The one I am most disappointed in is the L'Oréal Paris gel eyeliner in black as it almost looks grey. The colour pigmentation is utter rubbish so I will stick with my Maybelline one.

My favourite out of the lot is the Benefit Magic Ink as it is the deepest blackest black and it also gives the smoothest application, but due to the huge price difference between this and the Collection Fast Stroke I'm not sure if I would repurchase it.

From left to right they are:

* Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Liner Black
* Eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eye Pen Black
* Collection Fast Stroke Black 1
* Benefit Magic Ink Jet Black
* L'Oréal Gel Intenza Pure Black 01
* Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner Black 01
* Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner Brown 02

What is your favourite eyeliner?
Jodie x

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Liquid one for me.xx

Unknown said...

Hi Anita it's liquid all the way for me too. I find the other not as pigmented as the liquid.

Jodie x