Thursday 18 July 2013

The ideal bronzer for pale skin - The Body Shop honey matte bronzer

So this summer I decided to try out bronzer for the first time but I was abit daunted by them all due to having quite pale skin. I have a sample of Benefits Dallas in my Powda Wowza palette but it's far too dark for me, so I've kind of been put of bronzer and I've not known how to use them until now.
My bronzer of choice is The Body Shop Honey matte bronzing powder. The fact that this is a matte bronzer really got my attention as all the ones I've seen in shops are shimmer, but matte looks so much better on and it is perfect for giving my face a bit of contouring without looking like a scary person.
This bronzer first caught my eye on one of the latest A Model Recommends videos and she just made it look so perfect I knew it was the one for me, I got the same shade that she used in her video which is medium shade 3. If I had not watched her use it I would have bought shade 1 the lightest one as that's what I always do with foundations and concealers. So i did feel a bit crazy getting the shade 3 but these bronzers are very pale and this shade suits me perfectly, it is very subtle but build able.
I will do a demonstration video very soon.
I bought a Bourjois bronzer/kabuki brush just for this occasion but I've not had chance to test it yet so I'll let you know if the brush is any good or not very soon.
I apply this over my primer or foundation just to the back of the cheekbones giving my face some needed structure. I like to build up the colour most here. I then apply across the forehead and you can even sweep it down your nose and on the chin. Anywhere where the sun will naturally catch your skin first.
Contouring the face gives it the illusion of being slimmer and after applying this you can immediately see the difference it makes in your while appearance. This product will definitely be a make up bag staple from now on.
What do think of this? If you are pale like me is there another bronzer that you use?
Jodie x

No comments: